A good sleep is essential to keep the body and mind fit. A peaceful sleep helps you to enjoy an active body and mind the next day. It is also helps the different organs of the body to rest. If you are suffering from insomnia, you could try these few things that will help you get better sleep:
• Eating right: avoid foods that are known to distrupt sleep, such as, coffee, alcohol, etc.
• Exercise: exercise helps the body sleep better as it increases the heart rate and body temperature. The relative decrease in the heart rate and the temperature after exercise helps induce an uninterrupted sleep session.
• Maintain a sleep cycle: try to sleep and wake up at a fixed time so that your body is used to it. This results in the body aligning its natural sleep cycle according to your time.
• Avoid afternoon naps: a afternoon nap or frequent power naps also leads to the troubled sleep. Avoid that to get a quiet sleep at night.
• Practice yoga: yoga has proved benefcial in getting a peaceful sleep at night. Some yoga poses that relaxes the body and mind are nadi shodhan pranayam, ujjayi pranayam, adho mukha vrikshana, simhasana, hastapadasana, marjariasana, etc.
• Get medical help: if you are still not getting nay relief for insomnia, do not hesitate to consult a doctor. There are several medicines and therapies that has effectively helped treat this condition.